Ohmygoodness. Maybe it’s starting to feel a bit real? In less than two weeks Kelsey and I will be on a flight to Australia. Who knows when we’ll be back again!?
I want to say my emotions right now are excitement, but in reality – it’s stress. THERE’S SO MUCH TO DO, SO MANY PEOPLE TO SEE!
When we bought our tickets seven months ago, there were so many things that I didn’t even consider; and now I have a massive list of things to tackle in the next week. I’ve checked a few off, but every time I finish something – I think of something else to be done! But here’s a few things that you should consider and do before you pick up and leave!
- Cancel your cellphone bill
– be sure to unlock your phone so you can get a SIM card down unda
- Sell your car
– who needs it when you’re on the other side of the world!?
- Cancel my car insurance
– who needs it if you don’t have a car!
- Cancel internet bill
- Go to the bank and get some Australian money
– it’s nice to land and have a bit of money on hand and not have to worry about it
- Photocopy/Scan important documents
– passport, drivers licence, credit cards, certificate of any education etc are all important. In case you lose the original during travel, or if you don’t want to chance bringing the original at all!
- Get refills of prescriptions
-girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do
- Buy Travel Insurance
– very necessary, Kels is going with World Nomads (https://www.worldnomads.com/), we found it was the best for being gone for an extended amount of time and that could be extended compared to any local companies! I’m a NZ Citizen, so I’m not getting any (hopefully this is smart)
- Cancel Netflix
– it’s an extra cost, I want to be adventuring and moving, not in front of a screen (plus my parents will give us access to their account if we absolutely need).
- Say Goodbye to Friends and Family
– relationships are so important to maintain, be sure to say your goodbyes and I love yous! Kels and I are having a goodbye picnic this weekend with our friends so we get a chance to see everyone all at once! (We figured it would be expensive to go for coffee/dinner with everyone separately $$$).
- Call your bank/credit card
– let them know not to freak out if they see out of country charges, nobody wants to be stuck in a new country with their card frozen!
- Cancel your lease (if renting)
– let your landlord no you’re outta here (give the proper notice that was agreed upon orginally, we gave a month and a bit notice).
As you can see, the list goes on and on! That’s just the basic stuff – not even including actually packing your bag!
Speaking of, I still need to do that and figure what clothes to take/leave behind! Better get to it! Let me know if there’s anything else super obviously that I MUST do!